Instead of being students and wannabe sports writers, it looks as if we should replace Miss Cleo. Four weeks ago, Michigan seemed dead in the water; the Minnesota loss was supposed to be a sign that the program was falling to the wayside, and a bowl bid looked unlikely. Now, just three games later, the Wolverines are in the thick of the Big Ten race. That pesky Gophers squad has lost and cleared the way for a potential third-straight Big Ten title. To do so, the Wolverines must win out…

And Den? First-place Penn State has to beat Wisconsin and lose to Michigan State. Purdue, everyone’s dark horse to win the Big Ten, came to town Saturday and provided little resistance. But next week is the big challenge. The Badgers from Wisconsin are coming to town for a pseudo-Big Ten elimination game.

Remaining games: Nov. 5 vs. No. 19 Wisconsin

Nov. 19 at No. 22 Michigan State

And Dennnnnnnnnn? Illinois is the whipping boy of the Big Ten: That much is plainly clear. Ron Zook’s crew covered but was never really in the game against the Badgers. With the win, Wisconsin is still in the driver’s seat for the Big Ten title. If it can beat the Nittany Lions next week, Michigan will have no chance of winning the Big Ten title. That’s why the Wolverines will be Penn State fans during their bye week. But just for a week. On top of a loss to Penn State, the Badgers will also have to lose their season ender against Iowa.

Remaining games: Nov. 5 at No. 12 Penn State

Nov. 12 vs. Iowa

See Ya! We’ve been saying it for a couple weeks, so you knew it had to be true. Minnesota was never really a threat to win the conference title. With its loss to Ohio State, the Gophers are out of contention.