Dan Feldman:

Freshman running back Sam McGuffie will get back on track. McGuffie started against Illinois, but junior running back Brandon Minor played more snaps in the second half. McGuffie might not be as good as he was at Notre Dame when he had 178 total yards, but he’ll be close.

At least 10 Wolverines will have a reception. The season high is eight Michigan players with a catch in one game. Redshirt freshman quarterback Steven Threet is continuing to pick up the offense and will progress through his reads quicker. Plus, Toledo’s pass defense just isn’t good.

Michigan will win 31-21. The Wolverines will dominate in total yardage, but most of it will come between the 20s. A key turnover or two will keep the score close.

Courtney Ratkowiak:

The Michigan secondary will have its best game. Toledo is averaging 187 passing yards per game. But the Michigan defense was embarrassed against the Illinois spread offense and, after a week of practice that started with coach Rich Rodriguez calling his team’s play “soft,” the secondary will be extra focused to not miss coverage. Expect plenty of pass breakups while Toledo’s receivers come up short.

Greg Mathews will tally at least 100 receiving yards. I said this last week, but seriously, it’ll happen Saturday. He has 221 for the season, but one of these games, the Threet-Mathews combination has to click. Mathews has looked better each game since coming back from injury, and this it’s time for Michigan’s offense to shine.

Michigan will win 31-13. For a non-Big Ten game, this matchup has huge season implications. The Wolverines can’t afford to lose this game with Penn State looming next week. They won’t.

Ian Robinson:

Both teams will fumble in the return game. When it looked like Michigan finally found a go-to return man in freshman Martavious Odoms last week, he fumbled a kickoff late in the game. The Rockets have also had their own issues on kick returns, fumbling twice against Fresno State. Both teams will have trouble holding on to the ball this week.

Freshman wide receiver Martavious Odoms will score his first touchdown. Odoms was one of the few bright spots against Illinois last week, accounting for 56 percent of the team’s all-purpose yards. It appeared as if he was starting to get into a rhythm with Threet. He is due to get in the end zone.

Michigan will win 24-10. The Wolverines should get back to .500 with a win over the Rockets. The result won’t be in question very long, as Michigan will clearly be the better team Saturday.

Nate Sandals:

Michigan will not fumble in the return game. I took some heat for this not being a “bold” prediction. But it would have been wrong each of the last three games. So, who’s bold now? This prediction has to be right eventually. Why not against Toledo?

Toledo will have a receiving touchdown of more than 75 yards. The Rockets have two big wideouts who can stretch the field, and Michigan’s safeties haven’t exactly excelled in deep zone coverage. That’s the recipe for a long touchdown to silence the Big House crowd. You’ve been warned.

Michigan will win 28-13. It’s simple: the Wolverines have more talent and they have more to play for. Despite all the mistakes this season, Michigan is a well-coached team and well-coached teams bounce back from bad losses.