On Wednesday, the LSA Honors Program hosted an event aimed to explore a broad range of identities on campus that are perceived as being ignored or misrepresented. The title of Wednesday’s Diversity Monologues, which was the concluding event in the program’s series, was “Words from ‘Victors.’ ”

LSA junior Harleen Kaur, LSA senior Alexa Wright and LSA senior Brianna Kovan organized the event, which was held at the Literati Bookstore at 124 E. Washington St.

Wright said the event helped improve relationships between students and staff by providing a safe space for students to speak and learn more about different identities at the University.

“We thought this would be a great, creative way for students to express their thoughts, and we really wanted to tie it in to what it means to be here at the University,” Wright said.

The event featured performances by students who wrote creative pieces addressing the issue of certain identities being ignored or misrepresented at the University. The event also featured guest performances by The Harmonettes, the University’s first female a cappella group and Amazin’ Blue, the University’s oldest co-ed a cappella group.

The creative works tackled topics like weight and appearance, mental health, financial and academic discrimination, misogyny, sexuality and race.

The event also discussed the issues of some students who do not feel they are “Victors” at the University.

Rohit Sreedharan, a researcher at the University’s Pediatrics and Endocrinology department, said the part of the event that stood out to him the most was the criticism some performers used against the University.

“You see all of the signs around that portray how the University ignores a lot of stuff going on under the table that you don’t really know about until you go to these events,” Sreedharan said.

Sreedharan added that the event opened his eyes to the issue of diversity on campus.

LSA sophomore Grace Fisher said the range of backgrounds impressed her the most.

“There definitely needs to be more dialogue about diversity at the University,” Fisher said. “This is an important step … and I hope that in the future, events like this will have wider audiences.”

Even though this was the last Diversity Monologues event of the semester, Kaur said she hopes to continue the series in the future.

“This is definitely something that we want to keep going and have it as the staple of the Honors program,” Kaur said.