Most guys typically aren”t fans of the romantic date movie. Some of my friends have suggested some date classics like “Debbie Does Dallas,” or “Catholic School Girls In Trouble,” but those are actually “I-don”t-have-a date” movies.

If this Valentine”s Day you insist on a romantic date movie These are movies I would be happy if my girl rented them, but she can”t because inflatable girls don”t talk, (oops did I just type that?)

5. “Raiders of the Lost Ark” This classic movie has got the perfect mix of romance and action. You know the basic plot, Indiana Jones travels world in search of the Ark of the Covenant, falls for a woman named Marion, and kicks the ever-living shit out of some Nazis. I don”t care how many times you have seen this one, the scene where Indy beats Mr. Clean”s ass on the runway never gets old. Plus the screenplay is written by Michigan grad Lawrence Kasdan, so come on!

4. “Jerry Maguire” This is perhaps the best straight-out romantic comedy. Tom Cruise plays the title role successful sports agent with a damn hot fiance played by Kelly Preston. He then has a crisis of conscience and is fired from the firm and dumps his girlfriend. He is left with one client, Cuba Gooding Jr., and the support of his only employee and love interest Rene Zellweger. A great script by Cameron Crowe and cameos by Troy Aikman, Drew Bledsoe and our old friend Wayne Fontes rises this movie above the manipulative crap other romantic comedies often are.

3. “Good Will Hunting” This movie has become a college staple. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck both write and star in this film about a janitor at M.I.T. who is “wicked smart,” but has trouble figuring out what he wants to do with his life. In the meantime he falls for a college student (Minnie Driver) he meets at a bar in one of the best scenes in the movie. Robin Williams makes up for his work in Jumanjii and Flubber with his Oscar winning role in this film.

2. “Out of Sight” This movie, based on a novel by Elmore Leonard, is the story of a bank robber, George Clooney who escapes from prison and falls in love with a U.S. Marshal, Jennifer Lopez. It”s directed by Steve Soderbergh, the man behind “Traffic” and the largely under appreciated “The Limey.” Funny performances by Ving Rhames, Don Cheadle and Steve Zahn. Even a nerd like myself felt cool after I saw this film.

1. “Basic Instinct” Michael Douglas, in probably one of his favorite roles, plays a San Francisco cop who is attracted to Sharon Stone, the main suspect in a murder case. It is actually a legitimate thriller, but it”s from the same guys who brought you “Showgirls,” so I think you know where this one is headed.