A South Carolina man has been charged in the murder of Medical student Paul DeWolf, police and prosecutors announced Friday.

DeWolf, a second lieutenant in the United States Air Force, was found dead on July 24 from a single gunshot wound at his apartment in the Phi Rho Sigma fraternity on North Ingalls Street.

Shaquille Alexander Keiley Jones, age 21, of North Charleston, S.C., was arraigned Friday at the 14A District Court by Magistrate Elisha Fink on one count of homicide, two counts of first degree home invasion and one count of conspiracy to commit home invasion.

One of the home invasion charges is in regards to an offense committed at 210 North Ingalls Street, and the other home invasion charge pertains to an offense committed at 220 North Ingalls Street, which is the address of the fraternity. The Ann Arbor News reported that Jones is accused of “murdering Paul DeWolf” during the home invasion.

A Washtenaw County Public Defender has been appointed to represent Jones, who is being held in jail without bond.

Jones’ preliminary examination will be held on Dec. 5 at 8:30 a.m., and the case remains under investigation.

If convicted, Jones could serve life in prison for the murder and up to 20 years for each of the home invasion-related charges.

Two other suspects have been arrested in connection with DeWolf’s murder. It does not appear that the suspects have any prior connection with the United States Air Force, the University or DeWolf.

Editor’s note: Though media reports have included the apparent identities of the suspects, The Michigan Daily does not disclose the names of any criminal suspects until they are formally charged.