Coming off of an electrifying win against then-No. 11 Indiana on Oct. 19, the Michigan men’s soccer team had nothing but energy as they entered the first game of a four-game home stretch to end the regular season.

However, this momentum failed to show as the Wolverines fell 2-0 on warm Tuesday night to Bowling Green. The game began quietly, with both sides recording just two shots on goal. It was the Falcon’s overwhelmingly aggressive style of play to begin the second half that downed the Wolverines, as goals were scored in the 47th and 50th minutes.

Nevertheless, Daley remains optimistic for his team despite being downed by a mid-major squad.

“Anyone can beat you in college soccer,” Daley said. “We put a lot into these games with the expectations and hope of having another season other than the Big Ten.”

While the Wolverines certainly did not want to not drop a game, this does not affect their Big Ten record and standing going into the conference Tournament on Nov. 7.

“By no means is anything lost,” Daley said. “If you can go to Indiana and win in Indiana, you could win the Big Ten Tournament.”

Daley notes that the loss was a “big dagger,” but the Wolverines remain ranked fourth in Big Ten standings. And with one more regular season conference game on Nov. 3, the Wolverines remain positive that they can improve their standing before the Big Ten Tournament.

With the tie against Penn State, which leads the Big Ten standings, paired with the recent win over Indiana and an upcoming game against rival Michigan State at home, Michigan hopes to carry momentum entering the Big Ten Tournament.