The delayed certification of the Central Student Government elections has forced assembly members to convene past their expected term limits.

Last night should have been the first assembly meeting with the newly elected representatives, but that will now be moved to April 17, when in its only meeting before summer recess, the assembly will elect a speaker and vice speaker and resolve any loose ends from the election.

While they already fulfilled the term they were elected to, the representatives had an eventful night of discussion to pass numerous resolutions.

One passed resolution pledged $10,000 to examine the potential implementation of a zero-waste program in Michigan Stadium in connection with the resolution passed last week supporting a zero-waste initiative, as part of an effort to compost and recycle as much waste as possible.

LSA senior Brendan Campbell, vice president of CSG, authored the resolution and said it was part of a larger movement to improve the University’s standing as an “environmental steward.” Other aspects of this initiative include giving all incoming freshman reusable water bottles and installing more water bottle refilling stations throughout campus.

According to the resolution, an in-depth study on the possibility of making the stadium zero-waste would cost $15,000, and the $10,000 pledge is contingent on the Athletic Department’s commitment to the study.

“It’s one thing to say some words in an assembly meeting, but it’s another thing to put skin in the game and really show that we’re committed to sustainability,” Campbell said. “By establishing this grant, we are making a strong statement to the Athletic Department that students care about sustainability.”

Another resolution passed instituted new operating procedures for the assembly, which had been operating under similar procedures for the past few weeks to finalize the details, according to Business senior Matt Eral, the assembly speaker.

“I think the assembly is now fully positioned to be a deliberative body,” Eral said. “I think that (this) assembly is leaving the (next) assembly with the right procedures and format to fully operate under the new constitution.”

One resolution that dominated the meeting’s discussion concerned the impartiality of CSG members during elections. The resolution attempted to prevent public endorsements of candidates by members of CSG. Eral said the resolution, which the assembly eventually voted against, was not comprehensive enough and led to questions about students’ rights to free speech.

“I think that the assembly felt that the resolution was way too broad, was not specific enough, did not properly address the needs that it was trying to,” Eral said.