With elections for the Central Student Government’s 2015-2016 leadership less than a month away, members of the assembly discussed goals they have accomplished this semester, initiatives they wish they could have achieved and issues they hope to address in the future.

CSG President Bobby Dishell, a Public Policy senior, said his benchmark for success has been the realization of last year’s Make Michigan party platform.

“I think this semester is going really well, to be honest,” Dishell said. “We accomplished pretty much our entire platform so far. So now we’re able to take on additional projects like the honor code.”

The honor code aims to complement the existing Statement of Student Rights and Responsibilities, which outlines University responses to student behavior deemed inappropriate. The proposed code asks students to pledge to support honor, integrity, inclusivity and respect.

Dishell mentioned a recent resolution that, if passed, will ask University administration to release data from course evaluations, so students could see accurate “ratings” of their professors and graduate student instructors.

Additionally, Make Michigan’s original platform called for expanding the Night Owl Bus route, revamping the Michigan smartphone application, improving off-campus lighting and introducing a academic minor in entrepreneurship.

Though CSG announced plans in December to discontinue the bus route due to lack of funding, University Parking Transportation Services ultimately offered enough funds to keep the current version of the program running at least through the end of the semester.

The CSG leadership is also very proud of its accomplishments in athletics over this term.

Dishell worked with the Athletic Department early in the school year to establish need-based ticket pricing for athletic events. Students eligible for the Federal Pell Grant will be able to purchase next year’s season tickets for football, men’s basketball and hockey at a discounted rate.

The assembly is also contributing to plans to restructure the Chrysler Center.

“We’re already working with the athletic department on the reseating of Crysler so we’re talking to the athletic department about what that might look like,” Dishell said.

But perhaps most notably, CSG launched an initiative not specifically featured in Make Michigan’s 2014-2015 platform.

The Wolverine Support Network, which launched in September, aims to address mental health issues on campus through peer support groups and community events.

CSG Vice President Emily Lustig, an LSA senior, said she is most proud of the assembly’s work developing the Wolverine Support Network.

“I think everyone has, if it’s not themselves or a family member, some connection to mental health or mental wellness,” Lustig said. “Enacting a program with the ability to change people’s lives and addressing mental health, and trying to break the mental health stigma is something that is so important.”

Though some feel there has been progress in certain areas of policy, LSA senior Emily Sexton, a CSG representative, said the assembly’s actions thus far have been somewhat insignificant.

“This year, I’ve felt like we haven’t done anything or brought any really great resolutions,” she said. “We haven’t taken any risks. It just feels like CSG isn’t important.”

She said CSG’s executive leadership have accomplished their individual goals, but haven’t expanded much beyond those efforts.

“I just think that the assembly is kind of there to aid (Dishell and Lustig) to get the things done that they want to get done,” Sexton added.

LSA junior Jacob Ruby, a CSG representative and chair of the assembly’s finance committee, said two resolutions in particular have been markers of success during his term.

“I, for one, sponsored a resolution that’s going to add 60 charging stations in the UGLi,” he said. “There’s (also) an upcoming resolution that should help with some of the safety and cleanliness concerns in the CCRB and IM (Building). Just a lot of really good things coming up.”

However, he added that addressing issues of diversity on campus has not been a strong point for the assembly.

“One of the main concerns I’ve seen here on CSG is minority enrollment,” he said “There have been a lot of resolutions that have been passed and committees formed, and there just hasn’t been that much actual results.”

Increasing minority enrollment through on-site admissions at schools in the Detroit area was a point on Make Michigan’s original platform.

In December, CSG passed a resolution to support such programs, creating a task force to work with the Office of Admissions. The group would have until March to report back with strategies for implementing an on-site admissions program or reasons why the initiative would be unfeasible for the University.

In this vein, one element of Dishell’s presidential platform that did not come to fruition was partnering with the University’s Alumni Association to fund more LEAD scholarships.

LEAD scholarships are merit-based monies for minority applicants. Though the assembly approved funds for the project, they were barred from providing funding under state law since University funds cannot be used for scholarships to specifically promote diversity, and CSG’s budget comes from student fees.

Update: This story has been updated to include additional information related to athletics.