In a change of pace, Central Student Government held its meeting at Pierpont Commons instead of the CSG chambers at the Union Tuesday night. The change was in accordance with a resolution passed by CSG earlier this year, which required some CSG meetings to be held at other University Unions in an effort to increase its presence around campus.

The Golden Apple Award, the Wolverine Support Network and relations with interim Athletic Director Jim Hackett were discussed during the meeting.

A resolution to sponsor the 2015 Golden Apple Award and lecture was proposed by CSG President Bobby Dishell, a Public Policy senior, along with finance committee chair Jacob Ruby, an LSA junior, and finance committee vice-chair Chris McCurry, a Business sophomore.

The Golden Apple Award is the only campus-wide, student-nominated teaching honor. Professors who win the award are also asked to give a “last lecture” usually held at Rackham Auditorium. Past recipients of the award include History Prof. Victor Lieberman and Psychology Lecturer Shelly Schreier.

The proposal asked for $300 from the CSG sponsored activities account to be used to fund the Golden Apple Award and the lecture, which will be held March 31.

“It seems to be something that is pretty fitting with what we (CSG) do,” Dishell said.

The resolution was referred to the finance committee and will be voted on during the next CSG meeting.

Dishell also spoke about the progress of the Wolverine Support Network, a University-wide peer mental health program, which launched its awareness campaign in September.

Last weekend, there was a retreat for WSN leaders where they were trained in different facilitation techniques and received training from Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center, Diversity Peer Educators and Counseling and Psychological Services.

Lastly, Dishell also discussed his meeting with interim Athletic Director Jim Hackett. Dishell said initiatives passed in collaboration with former Athletic Director Dave Brandon will carry over during Hackett’s term, including lowering student season ticket package prices to $175.

“He seems to be very receptive,” Dishell said.

As the Athletic Department experiences a shift in leadership, so will CSG.

LSA, the Ross School of Business, School of Information, School of Public Health, the Law School and Rackham will hold elections starting Nov. 19 to elect representatives to CSG. Voting will close Nov. 20 at 11:59 p.m. Additionally, the students will also vote to elect a student representative to serve on the Department of Public Safety Oversight Commission.