Man gets hit in head near Oxford Housing

A caller on Washtenaw Ave. and Geddes Ave. near Oxford Housing said he was assaulted by several subjects Friday evening, according to Department of Public Safety logs. He said he had been struck in the head by a long object, possibly a baseball bat. The caller had a head injury and was transported to the emergency room. DPS turned the case over to the Ann Arbor Police Department.

Gun-toting man arrested, cited for alcohol violation

An 18-year-old male student was arrested for pointing a BB gun at people sitting on a porch in the 800 block of Hill Street Thursday night. DPS records show the man was also given a citation for minor in possession of alcohol. He was released from DPS custody pending further investigation into the incident. If prosecuted and convicted, the man could face up to four years in prison, a $2,000 fine or both.

Halloween costume fools police officer

According to DPS records, a police officer noticed a male carrying what appeared to be a handgun Friday night at the Nu Sigma Nu fraternity house. The gun turned out to be a replica and was part of the man’s Halloween costume – he was dressed as a cowboy. The man was not issued a citation.

Martial artist cited for violation

A male student practicing martial arts techniques in Nichols Arboretum Thursday was wielding a sword, according to DPS logs. Having a sword on campus property violates the University Regents’ Ordinance for Weapons and holds a $50 fine. The sword was confiscated and the man was given a citation.

Crash carts broken into, drug box stolen

DPS records show a caller in the A. Alfred Taubman Health Center reported Wednesday morning that the padlock on a crash cart had been cut off and the drug box from the cart was missing. The drug box was later recovered with the security seal still intact and nothing stolen from the box. Another caller reported a security lock removed from a crash cart. It is unclear whether these are two separate incidents or two reports filed on the same incident. DPS has no suspects.

Radioactive accident causes lab lockdown

A caller from Alice Lloyd Memorial Lab told DPS Thursday evening that he had dropped a vial of radioactive tritium. The lab was locked down until 8 p.m. and the Occupational Safety and Environmental Health team was called in to do cleanup. There were no injuries.

Part of hospital damaged by flood

DPS reports show that a water pump in the Cancer and Geriatrics Center burst due to rust on Saturday morning. Floors four through seven were flooded. The flood was cleaned over the weekend and will not affect opening time on Monday.

Inspection reveals stolen fire extinguishers

A routine inspection of Mary Markley Residence Hall Saturday revealed that four fire extinguishers from various locations throughout the dormitory had been stolen since Sept. 28, according to DPS logs. The extinguishers were valued at $75 a piece. DPS says it is not unusual for fire extinguishers to disappear, but having a large number stolen at once is rare. DPS has no suspects.

Telephone stolen from medical lab

DPS records show a caller from the Medical Science Building reported an unknown person had entered a lab Thursday and stolen the phone off the wall. DPS took the report.

DPS arrests rowdy would-be bus passenger

DPS reports show that a disorderly subject attempted to board a bus Friday evening. DPS officers located the subject, who was wanted by the Ypsilanti Police Department.

The subject was arrested and turned over to YPD.

– Compiled by Daily Staff Reporter Emily Kraack.