Student takes 25 pills in failed suicide attempt

Police received notification Sunday afternoon that a woman living in Alice Lloyd Residence Hall attempted to commit suicide by swallowing more than 25 pills.

Huron Valley Ambulance transported the woman to the University Hospital Emergency Room, DPS reports state. No more information was available at the time.

Angry hockey players strike out at vehicle

A group of rollerbladers damaged a vehicle Tuesday afternoon after it ran over some plastic tubing used to outline the skating rink at Elbel Field. Department of Public Safety reports state that several rollerbladers who were playing hockey on the rink became upset about the incident and began striking the vehicle with their hockey sticks, causing minor damage.

Credit card, money stolen from Barbour

A woman in Betsey Barbour Residence Hall reported to police officers Tuesday afternoon that an unknown person had stolen her credit card. The woman reported that her roommate had also had some money taken. DPS has no suspects.

Skateboarders comply with request to leave

A DPS officer gave a verbal warning Tuesday afternoon to four people who were seen skateboarding by the west side of the LSA Building to leave the area. DPS reports state the skateboarders complied with the request.

Residents start Hash Bash early

Police confiscated a small amount of marijuana and several marijuana pipes late Tuesday night after a housing officer patrolling Bursley Residence Hall smelled marijuana coming from one of the rooms.

Affirmative action banner stolen

A banner advertising the owner’s support for affirmative action was reported stolen Monday afternoon. The maize and blue banner was stolen from the Madelon Pound House on Hill Street sometime over the weekend, DPS reports said. There are no suspects in the theft.

Duct tape used to fix

Three windows in the Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library were broken and then repaired with duct tape sometime over the weekend, DPS reports state.

DPS officers investigating the incident on Monday discovered that the exterior of three double-paned windows were cracked and taped back together. Officers ruled the incident suspicious but accidental, reports state.

Seat stolen from secured bicycle

An unattended bicycle seat was reported stolen Monday afternoon. The owner of the seat told officers that they had locked their bicycle to a pole on the 500 block of Washington Street at about 1 p.m.

When they returned at 4 p.m., the bicycle was still locked to the pole, but the bicycle’s seat was missing.

DPS has no suspects.

DPS seeks suspect in purse theft

A purse stolen from a patient’s room in Mott Children’s Hospital on Sunday afternoon was later recovered, but missing $32. DPS reports describe the suspect as being a black male in his 40s with a chipped tooth and goatee and wearing a flannel jacket.

Bags with $900 contents stolen at tennis courts

Two bags left unattended in the Varsity Tennis Center on State Street were reported stolen Sunday afternoon. The bags were left outside for an hour, from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. and contained contents worth an estimated $900. DPS has no suspects.

Injured student hurts finger, calls DPS a week later

A resident of Mary Markley Residence Hall complained to officers Sunday night that he slammed his finger in a bathroom stall. DPS reports state that the resident said the incident occurred a week prior to his calling.

– Compiled by Daily Staff Reporter Maria Sprow.