Police investigate possible criminal sexual assault

A woman called police from Mosher Jordan Residence Hall Monday morning to report that she had been sexually assaulted by an acquaintance on Friday. Department of Public Safety Lt. Crystal James said both the victim and the suspect are affiliated with the University, and that DPS does not suspect alcohol or drugs to be involved.

James added that because the case is still under investigation, DPS could not provide further information about the assault. Officers said it is unknown whether any arrests will be made.

Second-and third-degree criminal sexual conduct is punishable by up to 15 years in jail. Suspects convicted of first-degree sexual assault can face life imprisonment.

Vehicle stolen from Glazier Avenue lot remains missing

DPS reports state that a dark green 1998 Ford Ranger was stolen from a University parking lot on Glazier Avenue sometime Tuesday. DPS has no suspects, and the vehicle had not been recovered as of last night.

Police apprehend pot, paraphernalia from trio in MoJo

Three females in Mosher Jordan Residence Hall were questioned Tuesday night after DPS officers suspected them of possessing a controlled substance. Police collected marijuana and other paraphernalia from the suspects, who were released pending warrant authorization.

Light falls from museum ceiling, injures passerby

A man was reportedly injured Monday morning when a light fixture fell from the ceiling of the Ruthven Museum. The man called DPS but declined an ambulance, reports state.

Officers contacted the University Electric Shop to make the repairs.

Cell phone left unattended stolen from ‘U’ building

A cell phone that was allegedly taken from the Central Campus Recreational Building on March 10 was reported stolen a week later. The caller said he had left his cell phone unattended in the building.

Solicitors selling cologne escorted from Couzens hall

A man and a woman selling cologne on the fifth floor of Couzens Residence Hall were escorted from the building after residents complained to DPS officers about the solicitation Monday afternoon. DPS reports did not state how long the solicitors had been present in the building.

Man given MIP, taken to hospital after passing out

A 19-year-old man was taken to the hospital Monday night after being discovered unconscious in Couzens Residence Hall. The man was later cited for possessing alcohol, DPS reports state.

Police respond to multiple reports of skaters, cyclists

Unseasonably warm weather on St. Patrick’s Day led to several calls made to DPS regarding skateboarders, rollerbladers and bike riders failing to comply with city ordinances.

The first call occurred at 5:30 p.m., when a person complained that several subjects were skateboarding on a handrail between Glen Street and the Taubman Medical Center. DPS responded to a second call at 6:15 p.m., when a caller from the Medical Science Unit II building on Catherine Street reported that a group of juveniles were skating near the building. A third call was placed from the Horace Rackham Graduate Studies building on Washington Street at 8 p.m., when a group of cyclists were discovered riding their bikes on the front steps of the building.

Police were not able to locate any of the suspects.

Pedestrian light stolen sometime over weekend

Police officers were notified early Tuesday morning that a pedestrian light near the south side of West Quad Residence Hall had been stolen sometime over the weekend. DPS reports did not list any possible suspects.

– Compiled by Daily Staff Reporter Maria Sprow.