Couple argues, boyfriend sent to jail for assault

A woman living in Bursley Residence Hall reported Monday afternoon that her boyfriend, who is also a student, had assaulted her during an argument.

Department of Public Safety officers arrested the boyfriend and took him to the Washtenaw County Jail, reports state.

The woman reported injuries to her head, but was not seriously harmed in the attack, DPS Lt. Crystal James said.

James added that the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office will not press charges against the boyfriend, who has since been released.

Hate message targeting blacks left on dorm door

An East Quad Residence Hall resident informed DPS officers Sunday night that somebody had left him a derogatory message reading “I hate negros” on his door.

Officers responding to the call checked the area, but did not arrest any suspects, according to DPS reports. The case is still under investigation.

Vandalism in Church Street carport continues

A person whose vehicle had been parked in the Church Street parking structure from 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday called DPS officers early Monday morning after discovering that someone had broken one of the vehicle’s windows and stolen the car’s police radar detector.

The incident and at least six other incidents of vandalism that occurred in the parking structure within the last several weeks are under investigation.

Man with briefcase suspect in damage of parked vehicle

DPS officers are searching for a man seen Monday afternoon carrying a briefcase through the Church Street parking structure.

The man is suspected of running his briefcase down the side of a parked vehicle and causing damage. A witness informed DPS officers of the incident, but the suspect could not be located.

Runaway found after not really having run away

Employees at the Arbor Heights Juvenile Center reported that they suspected a resident had chosen to run away from the building Tuesday afternoon. However, the suspicions were false, and the resident returned later that night without incident.

DPS reports state his whereabouts had been unknown because of a mix-up in the resident’s work schedule.

Screws reported stolen from stalls in men’s bathroom

The screws used to screw in the bathroom stalls in a men’s bathroom in the Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library were reported missing early Monday morning.

Police reports state that the stall walls were removed from the bathroom due to the missing screws.

DPS has no suspects.

DPS assists Ann Arbor police in hunt for larceny suspect

The Ann Arbor Police Department spent part of Monday morning searching for a larceny suspect in the area near North Ingalls and Catherine streets.

The suspect was described as a man wearing a green denim coat and brown pants.

AAPD officers were unable to locate the suspect and requested in DPS units to assist in the search, which remained unsuccessful, DPS reports state.

Couzens facilities worker complains of harassment

A University facilities employee working in Couzens Residence Hall complained to DPS officers Monday afternoon that a coworker from Stockwell Residence Hall was continuously harassing him over the telephone, DPS reports state. Reports did not state the exact form of harassment involved, but the case is under investigation.

– Compiled by Daily Staff Reporter Maria Sprow.