Men accused of stealing glasses headed to court

Three men accused of stealing another man’s glasses and driving away were scheduled for preliminary hearings yesterday, Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Diane Brown said.

The suspects – Detroit residents Jason Williams, 21, and Erroll Bradley, 20, and Southfield resident Rendell Ferguson, 22 – were arrested for strong-armed robbery after confronting their victim outside the Michigan Union early Sunday morning. They then drove off, but were stopped by DPS officers near the corner of Monroe and Tappan streets. Brown said neither the suspects nor the victim – who was not injured but did know at least one of the suspects – are affiliated with the University.

Letters from sign reported stolen

Several alphabetical letters from a sign in the Herbert H. Dow Building on Hayward Street were reportedly stolen Tuesday morning. The letters, which came from a sign kit, were valued at $200.

Theft of Markley map reported months afterward

The staff at Mary Markley Residence Hall told DPS officers Tuesday morning that an unknown person stole a large, five-foot by seven-foot map of the residence hall. According to the DPS crime log, the theft occurred sometime in October. DPS has no suspects.

Medical procedure ends in patient’s indecent exposure

A staff member in the Kellogg Eye Center on Wall Street complained to officers that a patient had indecently exposed himself during a medical testing procedure Tuesday.

Check from stolen wallet cashed at Pierpont Commons

A man who had his wallet stolen from an unknown location later discovered the whereabouts of part of the missing contents, when a blank check that had been inside the wallet was cashed at Pierpont Commons. The rest of the wallet’s contents are still missing.

Camera stolen as woman rides to North Campus

A female passenger riding a bus from North Campus to Markley alleged her digital camera was stolen during the ride, at around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. DPS has no suspects.

Drug possession in Stockwell prompts arrest

DPS officers arrested a person in Stockwell Residence Hall for violation of a controlled substance and marijuana possession. The residence hall’s staff reported the person to officers early yesterday morning.

Room broken into, items missing but later recovered

A room in the Medical Science Unit II building on Catherine Street was allegedly ransacked over the weekend, DPS reports state. The ransacking was discovered and reported to police early Monday morning, when several items, including a slide scanner, appeared to be missing. Further investigation by the building’s staff showed the scanner had only been moved during the invasion. It is unknown what – if anything – was actually stolen.

Helium balloon inflation sets off MoJo fire alarm

DPS officers determined that a Sunday afternoon fire alarm in Mosher-Jordan Residence Hall was accidently caused by students filling up helium balloons. No other problems were found.

Hospital employee caught stealing pack of diapers

DPS reports state that a University Hospital staff member was observed stealing a package of disposable diapers. The reports did not state whether the person will be arrested for the theft.

– Compiled by Daily Staff Reporter Maria Sprow.