Female student taken to hospital after frat party

A female student was transported to the University Hospital Saturday morning after claiming she had been sexually assaulted at a fraternity party the night before. According to Department of Public Safety reports, the woman said she had been drinking and thought something was put into her drink.

Ann Arbor Police Sgt. Spring Tremaine said the victim said she was held down and assaulted by a six-foot tall man of unidentified race with a medium build.

Interfraternity Council President Joel Winston said last night he had not heard of any reports, but if the allegations are true, they would be beyond his control.

“This is a very serious thing, and it wouldn’t involve IFC. It would involve the police,” Winston said.

Winston added the Social Responsibility Committee of IFC has the right to administer fraternity events at any time, and if they feel students’ safety is at risk, they will put a chapter on probation.

Four arrested, three ejected at football game

According to DPS reports, four arrests were made at Saturday’s football game, three of them for minor in possession of alcohol and one for disorderly conduct. Nine alcohol citations were given for drinking in the stadium. Two people were ejected for smoking in the stadium, and one person was ejected for disorderly conduct.

Window damaged in Law Quad

A Caller reported early yesterday that there was a broken window in the Lawyer’s club annex of the Law Quad, DPS reports state.

Grafitti reported in Lorch Hall

Graffiti was discovered to be covering the auditorium walls of Lorch Hall Thursday morning, according to DPS reports.

Valuable plaque and photo stolen

A wall plaque and antique class photo of the Class of 1895 was reported discovered missing from the Environmental Engineering and Water Resources Building Thursday morning, DPS reports state. The picture was valued at $1,500, while the plaque was valued at $300. Both were last seen on Sept. 5.

Two purse thefts over weekend

A woman’s purse was stolen Friday afternoon in the Modern Languages Building after the victim left her items unattended, according to DPS reports.

A woman set her purse down on a chair in an office of Couzens Residence Hall Thursday morning. When she returned a minute later, the purse was missing, DPS reports state.

Burnt cooking sets off alarm

A fire alarm went off in Mosher Jordan Residence Hall Thursday evening after a resident burnt food in a microwave, according to DPS reports.

Couch stolen from South Quad lounge

A couch was reported stolen from the west side lounge of South Quad Residence Hall Friday morning, according to DPS reports. It was the second couch taken from that lounge in the last week.

Resident passes out while playing

A male resident of Mary Markley Residence Hall hit his head and temporarily lost consciousness early Saturday while playing in his room, DPS reports state.

Confusion over yellow light policy leads to accident

A traffic accident happened on Division Street Friday night when one car failed to stop at a red light and hit another car, according to DPS reports.

Computer stolen from Kresge

A computer, bag and wallet were left unattended in the Kresge Business Administration Library Thursday afternoon and were stolen, DPS reports state.

Attempted dorm break-in fails

According to DPS reports, a subject attempted to break into Martha Cook Residence Hall early Friday. He was apprehended by DPS officers before he succeeded in gaining entry.

– Compiled by Daily Staff Reporter Jeremy Berkowitz.