Patient threatens to destroy waiting room of hospital

A University hospital employee said an out-of-control male emergency room patient was demanding pain medication and threatening to destroy the waiting room Tuesday evening, Department of Public Safety reports state. The man was calmed and agreed to sit in the waiting room with his family.

He said he was in a lot of pain and was frustrated that it was taking a long time for him to be seen by a doctor. The nurse had told him there were only two patients ahead of him and could not promise when he would be seen by a doctor.

Car strikes four parked vehicles

A man hit four parked vehicles with his car in a parking garage on East Medical Center Drive Tuesday morning, DPS reports state. The man said that when he attempted to turn the corner of the first north level, he hit the accelerator instead of the brake.

No one was injured in the accident.

Man prevents bus from turning

A female bus driver said a man was blocking Catherine Street Monday morning, according to DPS reports. She said the man was preventing her from turning and completing her route.

State police find stolen “U” property

Michigan State Police were informed this week that an abandoned house on Ellsworth Road contained stolen property from the University of Michigan”s campus, DPS reports state. Police were given a tip that a stolen vehicle was at the house, but found other items including cell phones, backpacks, bikes, small refrigerator and wallets.

DPS officers did not find any stolen property at the residence Wednesday evening.

Police find altered handicap permit

Officers found an altered handicap permit in a student”s possession Wednesday afternoon, according to DPS reports. The car, a 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier, was impounded.

Sexual messages written on board

A female student said she received sexual innuendos Monday afternoon through messages on the chalkboard on her door in Stockwell Residence Hall, DPS reports state. She did not know the person who signed her chalkboard.

DPS is investigating the incident.

Graphic pictures found at bus stop

A person said pictures of female genitalia had been posted in bus stops at South University Avenue and State Street on Tuesday, according to DPS reports. Police were unable to locate the pictures.

Tire cover stolen in “U” parking lot

The owner of a Jeep said the spare tire cover was taken while the vehicle was parked in an East Huron Street parking lot Tuesday afternoon, DPS reports state. The vehicle was parked in the lot between 12:30 and 2:30 p.m.

DPS has no suspects.

Unattended cell phone stolen

A man said when he was returning his tray in a University Hospital cafeteria Tuesday afternoon, his cell phone was missing from the table. The phone was taken sometime between 12:30 and 1 p.m.

Compiled by Daily Staff Reporter Jacquelyn Nixon.