Textbook stolen in Shapiro library

An unattended textbook was stolen from someone studying in the Shapiro Undergraduate Library on Saturday afternoon, Department of Public Safety reports state.

DPS had no suspects.

Hacker causes $5,000 in damage

Someone hacked into a University computer server, causing about $5,000 in damage to the system, from somewhere within the Central Campus area Wednesday evening, according to DPS reports. Police suspect the hacker may have operated from within the Electric Engineering and Computer Science Building.

Football stolen by fan during game

A Minnesota football staff member said a fan stole a football at Michigan Stadium during the football game Saturday afternoon, DPS reports state. When Minnesota”s punter kicked the ball into the stands, the ball was not returned to Minnesota staff on the field.

Stolen parking permits recovered

Police detained two people in a parking lot in the 1700 block of Murfin Avenue under the suspicion that they had stolen parking lot hang tags early Saturday morning, DPS reports states. Both had been consuming alcohol prior to their detainment by the police. Police interviewed the suspects and they confessed to the theft.

Police obtained the parking tags and found two additional stolen permits at an off-campus location.

Once the suspects were sober, they were released. Charges were pending.

Marijuana found in possession of hospital patient

University Hospitals security alerted DPS of a patient carrying marijuana Thursday afternoon, DPS reports state. While in the emergency room, the patient”s property was taken for inventory and marijuana was found.

The weight of both bags of marijuana was 17.2 grams.

Peeping tom seen in shower room

A student said a man with a dark bald head looked over the shower partition while she was showering in Stockwell Residence Hall Saturday morning, according to DPS reports. When she noticed him, he fled the scene.

Illegal fireworks found in vehicle

A vehicle was stopped by police early Sunday morning in a parking lot in the 1500 block of Washington Heights, DPS reports state. One occupant of the vehicle was arrested for possession of marijuana, being a minor in possession of alcohol and possession of illegal fireworks.

The three other occupants of the vehicle were cited for being minors in possession of alcohol.

Man exposes himself to woman

A woman said she saw a white male in his late 50s exposing himself Friday afternoon, DPS reports state. The woman said he was wearing a light blue button-down shirt with a vest.

Person arrested for driving drunk

A person who was arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol early Saturday morning was taken into custody, according to DPS reports.

The vehicle was stopped by police in the parking lot in the 1700 block of Murfin Avenue. The passenger of the vehicle was cited for minor in possession of alcohol.

Police also found a stolen parking permit in the car.