Vehicle crashes through fence, hits 2 pine trees

A vehicle driving in the 2200 block of Dixboro Road crashed through a fence Monday morning, according to Department of Public Safety reports. The vehicle then glanced off of a pine tree and drove through another pine tree. Police were unable to find the vehicle which fled the scene. The driver is unknown and DPS was investigating the incident.

Player assaulted with basketball

A student was assaulted Monday evening at the Central Campus Recreation Building when another student threw a basketball at him. The basketball struck him in the head, DPS reports state.

Wendy”s employee sleeping in Union

Police approached a man sleeping in the Michigan Union Wednesday morning since he was believed to be trespassing, DPS reports state. He was later identified as an employee of Wendy”s Restaurant.

The man was advised not to sleep in the building.

Man ignores “No soliciting” sign

A student said a man with a beard wearing a blue “mechanic-like” outfit was soliciting Saturday afternoon in South Quad Residence Hall, DPS reports state. The resident said he ignored the “No soliciting” sign on her door and was trying to promote a clothing service.

“U” staff members fight in Angell Hall

Students watched as two female Human Resources staff members fought in Angell Hall Tuesday morning, according to DPS reports. A large group crowded around the pair and began to yell. Human Resources staff members broke up the fight and both women were suspended.

DPS was investigating the incident.

Backpack stolen from under chair

A student said her backpack was stolen Tuesday evening while she was sitting at a table at Shapiro Undergraduate Library, DPS reports state. The backpack was taken from underneath her chair.

Police found the backpack and returned it to her. No items were missing, but papers not belonging to the victim were found inside.

DPS had no suspects.

Food missing from hotel refrigerator

A staff member for Med Inn hotel said Wednesday morning that food had been stolen over several nights from the refrigerator, according to DPS reports. Police are investigating the incident.

DPS had no suspects.

Projector worth $12,000 stolen

A new video projector valued at $12,000 and a $200 DVD player were stolen from the Literature, Science and Arts Building between Monday evening and Wednesday morning, according to DPS reports. The equipment had been placed in a closet and were secured to a cart.

Police suspect a crow bar was used to tear the equipment apart from the cart. DPS had no suspects and was investigating the incident.

Wall damaged by skateboarders

Skateboarders damaged the newly installed brick retaining wall on the east side of Burton Memorial Tower between the end of October and Nov. 5, according to DPS reports. The damage is estimated to be more than $1,000.

DPS had no suspects.

Compiled by Daily Staff Reporter Jacquelyn Nixon.