Rolls of copper wire stolen from building

Where: Chemistry Building

When: Tuesday at about 7:45 a.m.

What: Six 500-foot rolls of copper wire were stolen from a room in the building sometime between 3 p.m. on Friday and 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, the Department of Public Safety reported. The rolls are valued at $150.

Cigarettes left in trash can start fire

Where: Parking Lot SC-6, 1200 Kipke Dr.

When: Tuesday at about 12:15 a.m.

What: Several students accidently set a fire by dropping their lit cigarettes into a trash can, DPS reported. The cigarettes ignited newspaper in the garbage, but the fire was quickly extinguished.

Unsuccessful purse-snatcher flees on foot

Where: Taubman Parking Structure, E. Medical Center Dr.

When: Wednesday at about 2:50 p.m.

What: A man approached a woman from behind and attempted to grab her purse, DPS reported. The woman resisted and the purse’s strap broke. The man, who walked away from the scene, is described as a white man in his mid-30s wearing a blue T-shirt with a white logo on the back. The man is 5’11” and has ear-length black hair. Police are asking anyone with information to call 763-1131.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.