Gallon of chemical spilled in hospital

Where: C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital

When: Sunday at about 4:30 p.m.

What: A gallon of formaldehyde was spilled in the C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, the Department of Public Safety reported. Occupational Safety and Health Administration officials responded to the spill.

GPS unit taken from vehicle

Where: 1001 Hill Street, Hill Carport

When: Saturday at about 7:05 p.m.

What: A GPS system was taken from a car in a parking structure, DPS reported. The car, which was locked according to the victim. The car’s driver side window was broken. Police have no suspects.

Accidental fire puts itself out

Where: Gerstacker Building

When: Saturday at about 8:15 p.m.

What: A fire that began in the Gerstacker Building on North Campus put itself out, DPS reported. A staff member used a fire extinguisher to no avail before the fire went out on its own. The fire caused $250 worth of damage.

Dusty bathroom fools detector

Where: Michigan Union basement

When: Saturday at about 12:40 a.m.

What: The smoke detector in the men’s bathroom of the Michigan Union went off because of a high dust level, DPS reported.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *