DPS issues alert after 2 assaults near campus

The Department of Public Safety issued a crime alert after receiving two reports of unarmed robbery. Both incidents took place on Oct. 26 , one at about 9 p.m. and the other at about 9:30 p.m.

In each incident, the suspects approached the victim from behind, police said.

The suspects stole a shoulder bag from the victims in each case, police said. The first incident occurred on the 600 block of Monroe Street, and the other took place on the 1300 block of White Street. No weapons were observed in either incident, according to police.

Witnesses described the first suspect as a 5’8″ muscular male around 25 years old with dark hair and a dark-colored fleece top, according to DPS. The other suspect, who was also male, was described as 5’10”, about 25 years old with dark hair in cornrows. He was last seen wearing a dark-colored fleece top.

The Department of Public Safety encourages you to call 734-763-1131 if you have any information concerning either case.

Student urinates in dorm closet

Where: Stockwell Hall

When: Sunday at about 5:15 a.m.

What: A male University student was charged with a minor in possession of alcohol, DPS reported. The male student was intoxicated while he walked with a female student to her dormitory, Stockwell Hall. Once they arrived back to the dormitory, the male student urinated in a closet. The female student’s roommate was upset about the urination and so notified DPS officers. After being cited by police, the male student was given a ride home in a yellow taxi cab.