The University Department of Public Safety released a Crime Alert this morning pertaining to an armed robbery that occurred late Tuesday night.

The Crime Alert states that a man was approached by two men on the 1100 block of Packard Street at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday night, when one revealed a small knife. The assailant with the knife demanded the victim’s belongings. After taking the victim’s cell phone and money, the two assailants fled on foot, leaving the victim unharmed.

The victim reported the robbery to the Ann Arbor Police, who in turn notified DPS to issue a crime alert.

The assailants are described in the crime alert as two black males, both with slim build and around six feet tall. The alert also states that the men were dressed in all black and covered their faces with nylon.

The Ann Arbor Police have no updates concerning the robbery at the time.

This is the fourth crime alert released since the end of winter term, all of which have been related to theft or attempted theft in the campus area, the first armed robbery this summer.

In the summer of 2009, there were a total of 11 crime alerts issued, including six robberies, four of which involved armed assailants.

DPS spokeswoman Diane Brown said that in order to decrease the chances of becoming a victim of robbery, it’s best to be with another person.

“It seems fairly common that people who are robbed are usually alone … It makes them much more vulnerable,” Brown said. “If they’re with another person, that adds another layer of protection.”