A 32-year-old construction worker from Haslett, Mich., fell from scaffolding while working on the new indoor football practice facility on South State Street at about 7:30 a.m. Monday, police said.

University Police spokeswoman Diane Brown said the man’s injuries weren’t life-threatening. The man was speaking to paramedics in the ambulance on the way to the University Hospital, where doctors treated him for broken bones.

While full details on the incident haven’t been released, Brown said the man was likely moving between a mobile lift and scaffolding when he fell about 40 feet.

Construction on the $226 million facility was shut down for the rest of the day and will resume Tuesday.

So far this year, there have been two fatal falls on construction sites on campus this year.

In March, a masonry worker died after falling from a 40-foot scaffold at the University’s Museum of Art work site.

In August, an elevator mechanic died after falling five stories down an empty elevator shaft while working on the new Ross School of Business.

After the August incident, Brown said the deaths were “very, very different” and couldn’t be associated with each other.

According to the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration, falls are the number one cause of death on construction sites in Michigan.