Prof. discusses demography, medical care

Connections between medical treatment and ethnicity, gender and geographic areas will be discussed by Dartmouth medical Prof. John Wennberg tomorrow in a lecture titled “Physician Practice Variation: What it is, Why it is and What Next?” sponsored by the Medical School. The discussion will be at the Ford Auditorium at noon.

Lecture explores Cambodian history

David Chandler, a history professor at Georgetown University, is delivering a speech titled “Cambodia Shadowed By Its Past.” The event, sponsored by the Center for Southeast Asian Studies, begins at 2 p.m. in Room 1644 at the School of Social Work Building.

Citizenship in the 21st century to highlight lecture

Harry Boyte, prominent democratic theory and civil society scholar from the University of Minnesota Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, will be on campus tomorrow in an event sponsored by the Center for Learning Through Community Service. Boyte’s lecture, “A Different Kind of Politics: John Dewey and the Meaning of Citizenship in the 21st Century,” will be at the Vandenberg Room of the Michigan League tomorrow at 3 p.m.

Japanese film portrays adultery, mid-life crises

The Center for Japanese Studies will be showing Yoshimitsu Morita’s 1997 film “Lost Paradise” tomorrow. The film follows a middle-aged man, unhappy with his unresponsive wife, begins an adulterous affair. The film begins at 7 p.m. in Lorch Hall. There will be English subtitles.

Men’s Glee Club doubleheader showcases variety

The Men’s Glee Club, the second oldest college chorus in the country, will be led by Stephen Lusman during their Saturday night performances. Both concerts will feature pieces western and spiritual numbers. The Friars, an octet subset of the Glee Club, will also perform. The concerts are at 6 and 9 p.m. in Rackham Auditorium. Student tickets bought with valid identification cost $5.

Arabic calligraphy instructor shares artistic secrets

Renowned University Arabic calligraphy instructor Khaled al-Saa’i will discuss and demonstrate his artwork on Sunday. The event is in conjunction with the Museum of Art’s exhibition of al-Saa’i’s work. The instructional series will be at the Museum of Art on Sunday at 1:30 p.m.

Tuba ensemble plays in recital

Fritz Kaenzig, tuba professor at the School of Music, will be conducting the Euphonium and Tuba Ensemble Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m. The ensemble will perform works by John Stevens, Rossini, Frescobaldi, Mozart, Respighi and Elizabeth Raum. The concert is at the Music School Recital Hall.

Expert analyzes Chinese influence in Japanese art

Maribeth Graybill, the senior Asian art Curator the Museum of Art, will discuss the current exhibit “Japanese Visions of China.” The event is Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Museum of Art.

Christian Science lecture explores safety, spirituality

Christian Science Lecturer Barbara Fife will speak Monday evening on the issues of protection and safety through prayer and spirituality. The event is sponsored by the Christian Science Organization. Her lecture will be held in the Hussey Room of the Michigan League, at 7:30 p.m.

Lecture discusses disability studies

Susan Schweik, an English professor at the University of California will be on campus Monday for a lecture titled, “The Ugly Laws of Disability Studies.” Schweik will explore the history and evolution of disability laws in addition to society’s perception of disable people. The rise of disability studies will also be discussed. The lecture is sponsored by the Council for Disability Concerns and begins at 4 p.m. in the Founders’ Room in the Alumni Center.

-Compiled by Daily Staff Reporter

Jennifer Misthal.