In an e-mail to Ross School of Business students Monday, Business School Dean Alison Davis-Blake announced she is stepping down.

“… I will step down from the deanship at the completion of my term on June 30, 2016,” Davis-Blake said in the e-mail. “The Provost’s Office will convene a search committee to select the next dean. I am confident that, with your help and support, Provost Pollack and President Schlissel will be able to conduct a very successful search.”

The University’s Board of Regents approved Davis-Blake’s five-year term in 2011. Davis-Blake came to the University after serving as dean of the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota since 2006. She was the first female dean in both schools’ histories.

Davis-Blake’s term coincided with real estate mogul Stephen Ross’s $200-million donation to the University. The donation, which was split between the Business School and the Athletic Department, was the largest in the University’s history. Davis-Blake was among administrators involved in discussion regarding the donation’s beneficiaries.

During her tenure, Davis-Blake helped create the Master of Management program, expand the Executive MBA program to Los Angeles and reorganize the undergraduate BBA curriculum.

Business senior Madeline Walsh, who was the Central Student Government representative for the Business School during the 2014-2015 academic year and will serve in the upcoming academic year as well, said the Business School’s curriculum has undergone positive change under Davis-Blake’s leadership.

“As a rising senior, my entire Ross experience has been under the leadership of Dean Davis-Blake,” Walsh said. “In just four years, I’ve been impressed and inspired by her initiatives to challenge the process of what a business education looks like.”

Walsh said the programs Davis-Blake helped create have diversified opportunities for undergraduate Business students to prepare for the increasingly global workforce.

“She has lead a complete revamp of the BBA program to allow for more flexibility, the option for a longer global experience, and further exploration beyond the core classes with increased electives,” she said. “I’m especially excited by the Sanger Leadership Initiative which is arising from a ($200-million donation) she helped secure.”

Davis-Blake said she values how her deanship allowed her to help find solutions for challenges faced in the Business School, but wants to shift her focus to broader issues in professional and liberal education.

“I find myself eager to contribute solutions to these larger challenges during what will surely be a time of significant change in higher education,” she said. “After much consideration and consultation with my closest advisers, friends, and family, I have decided that I want to turn the focus of my professional service to the broader problems and opportunities facing universities.”