University Police are reporting that two units in the Northwood Community Apartments were subject to home invasions this past week.

Sometime between March 1 at 8 p.m. and March 6 at 8 p.m., police say residents on the 1700 block of Murfin Avenue reported that their doors were kicked in and their property rummaged through.

UMPD sent out a crime alert at about 9:40 a.m Thursday about the incident. The residents were not living in the apartments over Spring Break.

UMPD spokeswoman Diane Brown said a housing employee contacted University Police after being notified of the invasion by a resident who was off campus during the break.

“Given that two different apartments were burglarized and students were gone, we wanted to bring (the incident) to people’s attention so other residents could be sure they weren’t victimized,” Brown said.

Residents of the invaded apartments are not yet sure exactly what was stolen, but will be taking inventory of their property, Brown said.

University Police have not yet identified a suspect responsible for the home invasion, as there were no witnesses present at the time of the break in.

Brown said that although campus security does not lessen even when students leave campus for breaks, break-ins unfortunately tend to be a more frequent occurrence when they do.

“We encourage students to take their valuables with them or have them locked up.”