The Michigan women”s basketball team has picked up plenty of frequent flyer miles this month.

With games ranging from Syracuse to Seattle, the Wolverines are spanning the country during their nonconference slate.

Because the program owed many schools home games due to home-and-home contracts, Michigan has nine of its first 10 games on the road. The Wolverines” home opener against Marquette last Thursday was the only time the Wolverines will play in Crisler Arena until they face Oakland on Dec. 21 in their last contest before Big Ten play begins.

“I try really hard not to even bring up the fact that we”re going every weekend,” Michigan coach Sue Guevara said. “I think the more you talk about it the more you focus on that aspect instead of the X”s and O”s aspect.”

Although playing in a different arena each week may not be as easy as staying in Ann Arbor, Guevara is taking the schedule as a challenge.

“We try to pick out all the positive things that you can,” Guevara said. “Like we”re going to see a different part of the country.”

But with the semester winding down, keeping up with the grueling schedule of practicing, traveling and studying can be a grind.

“It”s more difficult academically, especially with finals coming up,” center LeeAnn Bies said.

While many teams take a break during their final exam period, the Wolverines will be playing contests on the road right through the end of the semester. The team will travel to Seattle this weekend to play Washington State and Washington. The Wolverines will fly home late Sunday night before practicing on Monday for the game in Toledo on Wednesday. Michigan will wrap up its cross-country excursion by traveling on the 14th or 15th to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to play Louisiana State on Dec. 16.

“I forgot we went to Toledo. So right now I”ve got to scramble because I”m going to miss those classes that I thought I was going to be there for,” Bies said.

Goodlow update: Senior forward and captain Raina Goodlow still has yet to practice since she started experiencing back spasms late last week. She did not attend practice yesterday and her status remains day to day.

But the team hopes she will be able to make the trip to Seattle this weekend and at least see action against Washington on Sunday.

The injury kept Goodlow out of last Sunday”s game against Notre Dame, giving Jen Smith her first start of the year and freshman Katrina Mason significant playing time.