BLOOMINGTON— For the second straight game, Michigan and Indiana tangled in a close, heart-stopping matchup.

And for the second straight game, the Wolverines prevailed at the end.

Michigan (2-0 Big Ten, 15-9 Overall) held on to defeat the Hoosiers 6-4 Saturday afternoon, winning its eighth straight game and clinching a series victory in the opening weekend of Big Ten play. In a game that resembled Tuesday’s affair with Eastern Michigan, the Wolverines built a solid early lead but saw it evaporate quickly.

Down 5-1 in the fourth, Indiana (0-2 Big Ten, 12-13 Overall) fired back with three runs to cut the deficit to one and put itself back in position to go for the win.

But redshirt freshman lefthander Bobby Brosnahan (3-2, 4.36) had other ideas. After the shaky fourth, he got out of a bases loaded, no outs jam in the bottom of the fifth and went on to shut down the Hoosiers the rest of the way. Sophomore righthander Brandon Sinnery pitched the eighth, and senior lefthander Eric Katzman and junior righthander Tyler Burgoon relieved him in the ninth to finish out the win.

Redshirt senior rightfielder Nick Urban led Michigan offensively with three hits and three RBI.

The teams will wrap up their series tomorrow at 1:00 at Sembower Field. Indiana lefty ace Drew Leininger will take the mound for the Hoosiers, while the Wolverines will likely start struggling junior righthander Matt Miller.