Paced by Justine Mueller’s five victories – three individual and two in relays – the No. 13 Michigan women’s swimming and diving team topped No. 8 Texas 214-156 and No. 23 Indiana 207-163 in a double-dual meet Friday and Saturday at Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington.

Junior Emily Brunemann and sophomore Margaret Kelly each added two wins and Michigan (1-0 Big Ten, 3-0 overall) touched the wall first in three relays to capture victory in its first double-dual meet of the season.

“We had a solid meet all the way through,” Michigan coach Jim Richardson said. “Three sessions in less than 24 hours is physically demanding, but we prepared well and had a positive attitude towards what we wanted to do.”

Two-day meets, with sessions at noon and 6 p.m. Friday as well as 9 a.m. Saturday, can be especially grueling. The Wolverines showed impressive endurance though, taking four events in the first session, three in the second and four again in the final leg.

In addition to the successful team performance, Michigan swimmers recorded 10 NCAA “B” standard consideration times. Mueller’s three individual wins in the 200-yard individual medley, 400-yard individual medley, 100-yard breaststroke were among them.

“For Justine, it was one of the best meets she’s ever had in-season,” said Richardson of Mueller, the reigning co-Big Ten swimmer of the week. “She was really excellent in all three sessions and all of her times were right near the best she’s ever done.”

Brunemann, with three consideration times, and Kelly with two, each also furthered their cases for an invite to NCAA Championships. Kelly recorded the fastest leg for each of Michigan’s four relay teams.

A one-two finish from sophomores Caitlin Dunphy-Daly and Stephanie O’Callaghan in the platform diving event also aided Michigan.

Next up for the Wolverines is the Texas A&M Invitational in College Station, Texas in two weeks.