BLOOMINGTON — What had been a successful series for the Michigan baseball team ended on an ugly note Sunday.

The Hoosiers (1-2 Big Ten, 13-13 overall) destroyed the Wolverines 26-6 in the series finale today at Sembower Field. Indiana scored early and often, erasing the road team’s initial 1-0 advantage with six runs in the bottom of the first to seize control.

But it was the home squad’s 11-run fourth inning that ended any hopes of a comeback for Michigan (2-1 Big Ten, 15-10 overall). Senior left-hander Eric Katzman (1-1, 10.29) got the start for Michigan and lasted just 0.2 innings, giving up five runs in the process. The four pitchers who immediately followed him didn’t do much better, combining to allow 14 runs in three innings pitched.

Indiana ace starting pitcher Drew Leininger (4-1, 1.66) was solid, pitching 6.1 solid innings of three-run baseball to collect his fourth victory of the season. The Wolverines mustered just seven hits, though it didn’t matter due to the offensive brilliance of the Hoosiers.

But though the Wolverines may have a sour taste in their mouths after the blowout, they still managed to take the opening series of Big Ten play with their wins Friday and Saturday. Following a midweek game against Central Michigan, Blue will return to Big Ten play with a home series against Purdue next weekend.