This story has been updated to include statements from the Chi Psi and Alpha Phi national organizations.

The Boyne Highlands Resort has decided not to press criminal charges against the fraternities and sororities responsible for causing about $25,000 in property damage during a January ski trip.

The fraternities Chi Psi and Pi Kappa Alpha and the sororities Delta Gamma and Alpha Phi damaged a dozen condominium units during their weekend stay at the Harbor Springs, Mich. resort. The resort’s president and general manager said there is no longer an investigation pending for those chapters.

“The individuals and organizations accountable for the damages have taken full responsibility for their actions and we received full reimbursement for damages and loss of revenue for the time the units were out of our rental management program,” said Mike Chumbler, president and general manager of Boyne Highlands Resort, in a statement to The Ann Arbor News.

All four Greek life organizations had already been suspended by their national chapters.

Friday, the University issued further reprimands to the fraternities and sororities involved in the damage at Boyne Highlands, though the University will continue to recognize each chapter as a campus organization. Dean of Students Laura Blake Jones deemed the damage did not stem from malicious intent, but rather poor planning, excessive room occupancy and unusual wear and tear.

Reprimands will include completing 15 hours of community service per member, making formal apologies in four Greek council meetings by April 1 and completing educational sessions on bystander intervention, risk management and sexual misconduct prevention. The chapters are on social probation through April 21.

Sam Bessy, executive director of Chi Psi’s organization, said the organization is looking into the social functions of the chapter during their probation. Bessey said the national organization is making sure the University’s chapter is adhering to Chi Psi’s values.

“From every interaction I’ve had (with) the men, the leadership of chapter is on board with what’s going on and working with us in good faith,” he wrote. “I have every reason to believe we’ll be successful.”

Linda Kahangi, executive director for the Alpha Phi national organization, wrote in a statement that each chapter received in an itemized list of damages from the resort.

“The amount Alpha Phi was responsible for was relatively small and consisted mostly of having the carpets in their units cleaned,” she wrote. “Our chapter has reimbursed the resort for the amount owed and has received probation terms which include further education on Risk Management and Bystander Behavior. Based on that, we feel that the outcome for our chapter was fair and appropriate.”

The University also derecognized the Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity on Friday for causing more than $100,000 in damages at a Gaylord, Mich. ski resort in January. Saturday, the Treetops Resort estimated SAM’s damages now totaled $430,000, citing lost revenue and damage to the resort’s reputation. Sigma Delta Tau, the sorority that attended the Treetops Resort trip with SAM, was placed on disciplinary suspension

“These incidents simply do not reflect the University of Michigan’s values or its expectations,” said E. Royster Harper, vice president for student life, in a statement on Friday. “The behaviors are a contradiction of what it means to be in and of a community, and we do not believe that being away from campus is a license to act in destructive and irresponsible ways.”