It looks like Wolverines are getting wanderlust.

The University is ranked sixth in the Institute of International Education’s annual ranking of colleges with the most students studying abroad in 2012 and 2013. This marks a jump from the previous two rankings, in which the University was ranked 10th and 16th on the list.

According to the Institute’s Open Doors Report, the number of University students attaining academic credit overseas increased by 15 percent, with 2,365 students studying abroad.

James Holloway, vice provost for global and engaged education, said in a press release studying abroad improves student leadership and communicative skills, especially in today’s globalized world.

Holloway attributed the bump in overseas study to the development of systems like M-Compass and resources like the Council on Global Engagement, which assist students in their ability to find and pursue study abroad opportunities.

The ongoing Victors for Michigan fundraising campaign, which began in late 2013, has also been raising money for study abroad scholarships.

In addition to the 2,365 students studying for academic credit while abroad, the University also sent more than 1,000 students overseas for service, work and research during the period considered by the Open Doors Report.

Although the University’s international student body increased by 6.5 percent this year, the Open Doors Report dropped the University three spots from 11th to eighth on its list of schools hosting the most international students.