It’s Thursday.

Last week, I regaled you with an update on the career of former Michigan hockey player Chris Brown, and his budding professional career.

Since then, Brownie has done, well, not much — besides accumulate a minus-two rating and spend some more time in the penalty box. Might this be the beginning of the curse of the Michigan Hockey Alum of the Week award? I can’t wait to find out.

And we trudge on.

This week’s honoree is another recent Wolverine. Forward Luke Glendening graduated from the program last spring after becoming one of just eight players in team history to have served as multiple-year captain.

In the past week, one of Glendening’s first in professional hockey, he’s continued to do the things that brought him there in the first place — playing responsible two-way hockey and maintaining a positive plus-minus rating — for the East Coast Hockey League’s Toledo Walleye.

Glendening is riding a two-game point streak after scoring goals in consecutive nights for the Walleye. His first professional point came unassisted Saturday night in a game against the Trenton Titans. He duplicated the success for Toledo (4-2-0) on Sunday when he launched a wrister past the goaltender for the Reading Royals.

Next up for Glendening are three games in three nights, which will give him an opportunity to remain a nightly contributor in the Toledo lineup.

Congratulations on the award, Luke. Here’s hoping you don’t fall victim to the newly minted curse that comes with the hardware.

Matt Slovin is not responsible for any curse perpetrated through this space. He can be reached on at mjslovin@umich.edu or on Twitter @MattSlovin.