While it may seem contrary to recent news coverage, other teams still exist in the Big Ten. With conference play right around the corner, contenders look for a burst of momentum before the race for the Big Ten title begins.

Bowling Green (3-0) at No. 4 Ohio State (3-0) – 12:10 p.m.: The Horseshoe will be rocking as the Ohio State Buckeyes, looking to extend their 17-game winning streak, host the red-hot Bowling Green Falcons. If the first three games have shown anything for the Buckeyes, it is that they miss the presence of Maurice Clarett dearly. While the trouble-plagued Clarett is busy testing every rule and jamming to Bob Marley, Ohio State’s running game has been pathetic. In last week’s thrilling triple-overtime win over N.C. State, the Buckeyes’ running backs combined for eight lousy yards on seventeen carries. It is this week that the running game, or lack thereof, will catch up to them. Senior Craig Krenzel will not be able to carry the team past the potent Bowling Green offense, led by stud quarterback Josh Harris. Look for the Buckeyes to plummet in the national rankings.

Bowling Green 31, Ohio State 24

Michigan State (2-1) at Notre Dame (1-1) – 2:30 p.m., NBC: That team from East Lansing gets to try to match the Wolverines’ as they head to South Bend to take on the wounded Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. Rehabilitated Michigan State quarterback Jeff Smoker’s comeback went up in smoke last Saturday, as the Spartans lost Smoker to a right big toe injury in a 20-19 home loss to an unproven Louisiana Tech program. You don’t need to be smoking anything to predict this one. Notre Dame should win this barnburner in a route, as the Irish look to make a big comeback statement.

Notre Dame 31, Michigan State 10

North Carolina (0-2) at Wisconsin (2-1) -Noon: Another big name in the Big Ten went down this past Saturday when Wisconsin star running back Anthony Davis sprained his left ankle early in the first quarter against UNLV. Davis scampered for just 11 yards on two carries as the Badgers were brutally embarrassed in a 23-5 home loss to the unranked Runnin’ Rebels. Regardless of Davis’s playing status, the Badgers will rebound this weekend in Madison against the lowly North Carolina Tar Heels, who just can’t wait for the Miami Hurricanes to enter the ACC next year. Wisconsin better not find a way to lose this cakewalk, or else its season can turn into a mess, much like a spoiled slice of cheese.

Wisconsin 44, North Carolina 10