All eyes were on new Michigan coach Brady Hoke as he took the stage in Chicago at the Big Ten Media Days last Thursday and Friday. Hoke, who was hired just over seven months ago, has been surrounded by tremendous fanfare in Ann Arbor, as he is viewed as a throwback to the style of former Michigan coach Bo Schembechler.

And Hoke didn’t disappoint when he stepped into the spotlight. “This might sound arrogant and if it is, it is — we’re Michigan,” Hoke said. “We have a global education, we’re the winningest program in the history of college football.”

The countdown to kickoff ticks ever closer with one month remaining, and for Hoke, the players and the fans, it couldn’t come any sooner.

Hoke puts the Big Ten on notice: Michigan’s not rebuilding

CHICAGO — Here sat the man charged with restoring the shine to a program that used to be one of the brightest. A program he loved. He had just been introduced to the rest of the Big Ten, months after he took over and then proceeded to say and do all the right things.

Ohio State’s Fickell shows inexperience under the spotlight

CHICAGO — At Big Ten Media Days on Thursday, Ohio State coach Luke Fickell said the best thing that happened to him after he was hired — following all the scandals with former quarterback Terrelle Pryor and former coach Jim Tressel — was that he “had no time to sit and think.” Fickell was hired just a day after Tressel was canned.

Robinson never considered leaving Michigan after Hoke hiring

CHICAGO — On Brady Hoke’s first day as the Michigan football team’s coach, he lost the spotlight. It wasn’t with the media, who packed the Junge Family Champions Center to cover his hour-long press conference, but in a separate meeting with his team.

Martin: ‘We didn’t know how a championship team functioned’

CHICAGO — Mike Martin and the rest of the Michigan defensive line wanted to show their new coaches what they were capable of, what exactly two former defensive line coaches would have to start the heart of their defense with.

Hoke finding unparalleled success on recruiting trail in Ohio

CHICAGO — Michigan’s recruiting for the 2012 season — the new coaching staff’s first full class of recruits — hasn’t just been a pleasant surprise. It’s blindsided everyone.

Campbell making strides on Mattison’s front line

CHICAGO — Junior defensive tackle William Campbell’s contribution to the Michigan football team can be summed up pretty easily. Underwhelming.

Koger and tight ends will play important role in pro-style offense

CHICAGO — “Sleepy.” It’s not the first adjective most might think of to describe a 6-foot-5, 250-pound tight end. But for some reason, it stuck on redshirt junior tight end Brandon Moore.

Notebook: No decision on Stonum suspension

CHICAGO — A month prior to the start of the season and two weeks before the Michigan football team’s fall camp opens, senior wide receiver Darryl Stonum is already fighting for his job.