The Michigan women’s basketball team is heating up.

After an exciting comeback victory over Ohio State in overtime 10 days ago, the Wolverines (4-2 Big Ten, 12-5 overall) followed it up with another comeback thriller over Northwestern in Evanston on Saturday.

Though freshman forward Katelynn Flaherty — Michigan’s leading scorer — had just five points in the game, sophomore guard Siera Thompson picked up the slack, scoring 20 points, including five 3-pointers.

But to catch fire in the tough Big Ten, Michigan will have travel to Iowa City on Thursday night and defeat No. 20 Iowa (5-1, 14-3).

Iowa is on a streak of its own, though, having toppled Purdue, Northwestern and Michigan State in its last three games.

The Hawkeyes are led by a duo of guards in Melissa Dixon and Samantha Logic, who lead the squad with 15.8 points and 6.8 assists per game, respectively. Logic’s 6.8 assists per game are good for No. 10 in the nation.

The Daily sat down with Logic — who was named to the Wooden Award Midseason Top 20 on Wednesday — in October at Big Ten Media Day to talk about the upcoming season, going professional and her odd choice of sports in high school.

The Michigan Daily: Last year, you were a unanimous All-Big Ten first team pick — where do you go from there?

Samantha Logic: I think moreso, my mindset is not so much about me individually, but more about my team. We want to get better every single day and compete for a Big Ten championship. We got to the title game last year, and we want to be there again and put ourselves in a position to be there consistently. And not just being in the title game, we would like to win one. We kind of just focus on the day-to-day things. The (All-Big Ten first team pick is) nice to look back on later, but right now that’s not really the main focus. Obviously, it is nice to be recognized and know that people think you are at the top level, but I think your own expectations have to exceed what other people think you can do.

TMD: You’re known as a passing player, and your coach has said you improve the play of everyone around you. Would you say that’s true?

SL: It’s just one of those things that when everyone is involved and getting equal shots and the team doesn’t hinge on just one player, it’s just more fun. You can lean on each other, and we believe in each other so much, and I think that’s where it comes from. I believe in my teammates so much, and they believe in me so much, that it’s so fun to play together in that situation.

TMD: What are your expectations this year, for your team and for yourself?

SL: We want to be contending for a Big Ten championship. We want to get a ring so bad. For the four seniors, it’s our last chance to contend for that. We don’t know where we’re going after this, so this could be our last chance in a competitive setting like that at the highest level. I want to win a championship just as much as anyone, so individually I’m going to do what I can to instill confidence in my teammates.

TMD: Do you have plans to play after college?

SL: I would like to. First, I’d like to get drafted, that’d be awesome. If not, I can play overseas. I just love playing basketball so much, and it’s not something you can come back and do. You can’t take a couple years off and go back to playing basketball. So you push the real-world stuff to later and try to play as long as possible and make some kind of living off it and move on afterward.

TMD: In high school, you played softball, basketball and golf. Those sports are kind of on the opposite spectrums in sports — how did you get into each?

SL: They’re very random, that’s for sure. I’d never golfed before. I just had some friends that played, and I didn’t really want to play any other sport in the fall season. I also played soccer, but it was in the same season as softball, so I was kind of bummed about that. Golf, I picked up just because I wanted to mix it up with basketball. I think it’s good for you. People nowadays specialize so early on one sport, and I think your body needs a break, not even from sports, just from the same routine. And for softball, I flipped a coin before freshman year because I didn’t know which one I wanted to play.