It seems almost too good to be true, but Beach House will be playing tonight at the Crofoot in Pontiac. And fans of Victoria Legrand’s haunting vocals needn’t worry. Fellow band member Alex Scally reassured The Michigan Daily that the Baltimore-based dreamy duo will indeed be playing their fourth Michigan concert this Thursday to support their latest album Teen Dream.

Beach House

Thursday at 8 p.m.
The Crofoot Ballroom, Pontiac
Tickets from $12

Scally talked to the Daily after his band had just finished doing a soundcheck before a concert in Boston. The show came just days after a whirlwind European tour. The hectic schedule seemed to have left poor Alex a little weary.

“I don’t know,” he laughed, when asked about his favorite Beach House song. “I hate them all.”

Luckily for Scally, the band always seems to be in the process of creating a new album.

“We’re always writing. So yeah, there’s always a new album brewing,” he said. “I think it comes from different places for me and Victoria both. I think I’m very much a musical being, I think about it all the time, I listen to it all the time.”

Scally said that however grueling the tour was, he was still having fun.

“It’s going pretty well, we’re trying to figure things out,” he said. “It’s nerve-wracking, but it’s a good time.”

When asked about his favorite venues, Scally couldn’t decide, and instead cited all four of the shows Beach House played in Michigan among his favorites.

“I personally enjoyed all four of my Michigan shows. I’m not joking. We played at a cool art museum in Detroit, we played in Ann Arbor, we played at the Magic Stick, which is like this crazy bowling alley, and we played at the Ladies Literary Club in Grand Rapids. So we played like four really amazing shows in Michigan alone that were all pretty interesting,” he said.

Things quickly got personal during the interview. Scally defined real love without any kind of bullshitting.

“ ‘Real Love’ is a song that Victoria wrote the lyrics for and titled. I think it’s a kind of fucked up, sick kind of thing. It’s not cryptic. It’s not like the movies. It’s kind of an unbalanced wild kind of thing. The kind of thing you don’t want to take home to Mom,” he said.

While opening up, Scally also admitted to his current band crush.

“I kind of have a crush on Washed Out, who we’re going on tour with,” he said.

And if he could be in any band other than Beach House?

“Celine Dion’s backing band,” he said definitively and without hesitation.

Carefully disarrayed outfits seem to play an important role in many band’s image. Scally’s sartorial tastes, not unexpectedly, lean toward secondhand shops. Legrand gets most of her stage clothing from thrift stores as well.

“We literally go to thrift stores all the time. We actually went to one today. And we got some awesome clothing,” he said.

The best time and place to listen to Beach House?

“In the woods, blaring out of a jeep. While you’re making out with somebody,” Scally said.

Good to know.

Also, Scally enjoys Twix bars as his favorite candy treat.