Do you love local music? Do you love charity for Haiti? Then you’re in luck, because tonight at the Blind Pig several local bands will be performing in support of Haiti relief.

First Annual Band Jam

Tuesday at 8 p.m.
Blind Pig
$5

Local bands including Great Divide, Fair Herald, Mr. Fiction and Teenage Octopus will play in the First Annual Band Jam, presented by MServe and the Blind Pig, with proceeds going to the American Red Cross.

The bands will be competing for a chance to perform on Sept. 6 at “Hilltopia,” an opportunity to perform as an opening act for a headlining band. Record executives, talent booking agents and local record store owners will be present to judge the competition while DJ Snagtoof provides music all night.

Dan Brown, lead singer and guitarist for Mr. Fiction, expressed his excitement about playing his first upcoming show with the band.

“We got started in October,” Brown said. “We’ve all been playing for a long time though.”

The opportunity to play at an established venue was another draw for Brown.

“It’s a good opportunity to get out in the scene of Ann Arbor and play in a venue like the Blind Pig. I’m excited about our chance to play in the Blind Pig. Hopefully people will like us enough to get our name out,” Brown said.

Tickets are available online or at the door for $5 with a student ID.

— Daily Music Editor Mike Kuntz, who is a member of Fair Herald, did not edit this brief.