The Michigan men’s swimming and diving team cleaned up at the 2012 Orange Bowl Classic in Key Largo, Fla., winning all 12 events and setting course records in multiple contests.

Freshman Richard Funk claimed victories in both the 50-meter backstroke and 100-meter backstroke at Jacobs Aquatic Center on Tuesday. The Ortiz brothers, freshman Bruno and junior Miguel, had impressive showings, as the two paired with junior Roman Willets to finished the 200-meter medley with a time of 1:14.32.

They day ended with a 50-meter freestyle victory by junior Evan Gregg with a time of 23.25.

“What makes those wins happens is details,” said Michigan coach Mike Bottom. “Finishes, breakouts, lane placement — these are the things that are tough to practice.”

Set approximately halfway through the season, the Orange Bowl Classic signifies the beginning of Michigan’s postseason run. When they return to Ann Arbor, the Wolverines will face a tough Indiana team at home on Saturday.

“Last year, we came back from an invitation and they took advantage of our hard training and kicked our butts,” Bottom said. “This time we’re coming back — and we’re still beat up — but we understand that we’re going to have to turn it around. Today’s meet was a little bit of a practice for that, even though we’re tired.”

One reason the team attends the Orange Bowl Classic tournament is the training is provides the swimmers with for the upcoming Big Ten meets, as well as NCAA tournament play.

Additionally, it offers the players some time to get away from school and focus solely on swimming.

“A lot of these guys get to train really hard and not have school to worry about and they’re ready to go back and study hard and swim hard,” Bottom said.

As far as goals for the season, Bottom would like to see the team win the remainder of its dual meets and then battle for a Big Ten Championship once again.

“We were successful two of the last three years,” Bottom said. “I can promise we’ll be there to fight for it.”

Michigan will meet the Hoosiers at Canham Natatorium for their second meeting this season. Michigan won the first meet, 216-84, on Nov. 5.