Michigan running back and LSA junior B.J. Askew was arraigned Monday on a misdemeanor charge of domestic assault and battery. If found guilty, he could be sentenced to a maximum of 93 days in jail and a $500 fine.

Pittsfield Twp. police arrested Askew Sunday night after he called them following a dispute with his 20-year-old girlfriend.

The couple was apparently arguing when he pinned her to the bed and then threw her out of his residence at the Spicetree Apartment Complex. He let her back in only after he reopened the door, and she then bit him on the forearm. Askew then called police from his neighbor”s residence.

According to an official statement from the Pittsfield Twp. Police Department, “Officers responding to the scene determined that there was a probable cause an assault had occurred and a domestic relationship existed between the parties involved.”

Askew was released on bond, although he will have to appear in court for a pre-trial hearing on Feb. 20.

The Athletic Department could not confirm whether Askew will be face any disciplinary action.

“I don”t know enough to comment on it,” said Bruce Madej, athletic director for media relations.

Askew is not the only University football player to face charges of assault this year.

Freshman cornerback Markus Curry plead guilty to a charge of assault with no battery Jan 14. He faces sentencing Feb. 14.