You thought last weekend was wild. Stanford, a team missing its starting quarterback and widely thought to finish near the cellar of the Pac-10 this season, went into Southern Cal and emerged with a win, the first time any time has done so in 35 tries. The last team to accomplish the feat? You guessed it: Stanford. Experts are saying this upset was bigger than Appalachian State beating Michigan. Southern Cal was favored by 41 points entering the game, but when backup quarterback Tavita Pritchard converted a 4th-and-20 and then a 4th-and-goal with 49 seconds remaining, the Cardinal had taken a 24-23 lead it wouldn’t relinquish.

Stanford Shocks Southern Cal

Order in the SEC

Florida visited Louisiana State Saturday in what was basically the premature SEC Championship Game. And in what was probably one of the best, most entertaining games of the year, Louisiana State scored with just more than a minute remaining in the fourth quarter to take a 28-24 lead. When Florida’s Hail Mary pass was knocked to the ground on the ensuing possession, the Tigers’ had assumed control of the SEC race, as well as the race for a spot in the National Championship Game. Louisiana State coach Les Miles went for it on five different fourth downs and converted every single one as he brought his team back from two different 10-point deficits. Even with a superhuman effort from Gators’ quarterback Tim Tebow, the Tigers handed Florida its second-straight loss, effectively eliminating it from National Championship contention.

Buckeyes the Class of Big Ten

Ohio State travelled to a raucous Ross-Ade Stadium to play the 23rd-ranked Boilermakers. With most expecting a tight game that would indicate the best team in the conference, the Buckeyes simply dominated Purdue. They shut down the Boilermakers’ high-octane offense, not allowing a score until just 10 seconds remained in the game and holding Purdue to four rushing yards.