The Florida-Tennessee game doesn’t carry as much weight as it has in past years with the Volunteers still trying to recover from the departure of longtime coach Phillip Fulmer and the brief tenure of Lane Kiffin.

Still, the Vols are not a bad football team, and this rivalry is too big for either team to not show up. Florida found its new offensive speedster in junior running back Jeffrey Demps, who used his quickness to run for 139 yards and a touchdown against South Florida. Demps, a NCAA champion sprinter, will look to do the same type of damage against the Volunteers defense that Oregon running back LaMichael James did last week, running for 134 yards and a touchdown.

But Tennessee did a great job bottling up James until the second half, holding him to just 27 yards in the first two quarters. If Tennessee can keep up its effort for four quarters, it might be able to slow down Demps enough to trot out its’ own offensive stud, junior running back Tauren Poole. Poole is averaging 6.8 yards a carry and has rushed for 272 yards in the past two games. If Tennessee can get Poole going and slow down Demps, the Volunteers will have a good chance at beating the Gators for the first time since 2004.

Rating: 4 out of 5 footballs

No. 3 Boise State at Wyoming

Even during an off week, Boise State can’t get any love.

With Virginia Tech losing to FCS team James Madison, Boise State’s win over the Hokies in week one seems much less impressive than it did at the time, giving mid-major doubters more ammo. But Boise State faces no cakewalk opponent this week in a dangerous Wyoming team.

The Cowboys stuck with Texas last week until late in the second quarter, showing guts and determination on the road after the tragic loss of freshman linebacker Ruben Narcisse, who was killed just six days earlier in a car crash. Wyoming has a multitude of offensive weapons, but none bigger than sophomore quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels. Carta-Samuels has thrown for 479 yards with a 75-percent completion rate in the first two games, and also showed impressive speed in running for a 18-yard touchdown in the game against Texas. He has playmakers on the outside in wide receivers Zach Bolger, David Leonard and Mazi Ogbonna.

Boise State, not known for its defense, will have it’s hands full trying to contain Carta-Samuels and the Wyoming offense. Look for an exciting game with no lack of offense.

Rating: 4 out of 5 footballs

Clemson at No. 16 Auburn

Dark horse SEC contender Auburn stayed on track with a win against Mississippi State, although the game was a lot closer than the Tigers preferred. Auburn will play a threatening offensive team this week in Clemson, averaging 46.5 points per game.

Clemson will look to bring the wood against Auburn, with junior quarterback Kyle Parker and sophomore running back Andre Ellington leading the charge.

Auburn counters with quarterback Cameron Newton leading a running attack that produces 279 yards a game and a defense that does not give up any easy points. Both of these teams are flying under the radar, and are both looking to show the country what they are all about.

Rating: 3 out of 5 footballs