That 19-point comeback you’re still daydreaming about is having major ramifications. Entering last Saturday, there were three teams with a shot of winning the Big Ten title and earning a BCS berth. But as the Big Ten enters its second week, there is just one left.

Wisconsin blew it and with games against Illinois, Penn State and Ohio State remaining, the Badgers will be hard pressed to win the Big Ten.

Ohio State looks back in form now that running back Beanie Wells is healthy. But with the big loss to USC and a trip to Wisconsin this weekend, the Buckeyes have a lot of work to do.

But Penn State fans might as well head to the travel agent right now: “Do you have any deals on trips to Pasadena? What about Miami? Say, around New Year’s Day.” The Nittany Lions skyrocketed to sixth in the nation after taking down No. 22 Illinois, and all of a sudden, they’re looking beyond a Rose Bowl berth to a possible run at a national championship.

Here’s the breakdown of this week’s Big Ten action:

No. 14 Ohio State at No. 18 Wisconsin

Penn State looks like a team that has the Big Ten championship on lockdown, and if that’s true, the Buckeyes and Badgers will be battling for second place. Only time will tell whether that honor will come with a Capital One Bowl berth or a chance to play in the Rose Bowl (if Penn State lands a spot in the BCS Championship game).

We know this: With Wells’s return to the backfield last week against Minnesota, Ohio State’s offense looked a lot better. The combo of Wells and freshman quarterback Terrelle Pryor looks poised to do some serious damage to defenses and scoreboards alike, especially with Pryor becoming more and more comfortable in his newfound starting role.

But this week’s not going to be easy. Wisconsin hasn’t lost at home since November 2005 — Badger coach Bret Bielema is yet to lose a game at Camp Randall Stadium. Add on that it’s a night game and that notoriously rowdy Wisconsin student section is going to be rocking for this one.

This one will be fun to watch, especially with both teams fighting to keep up with Penn State.

[four of five footballs]

No. 6 Penn State at Purdue

The Boilermakers came into the year wanting to prove they had finally made the leap to the upper echelon of the Big Ten, and Purdue coach Joe Tiller used his preseason press time to push Curtis Painter as a legitimate Heisman contender.

Maybe he should have put a little more emphasis on getting the team ready for the season. The Boilermakers rank dead last in total defense, 10th in scoring defense and seventh in scoring offense in the Big Ten.

Darryl Clark and the rest of the Nittany Lion offense are more talented than any other offense Purdue has seen this year. This game could get ugly.

[1.5 of five footballs]

Iowa at Michigan State

It’s times like these I wonder how Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz was even considered to take over at Michigan when Lloyd Carr retired. Last weekend’s loss to Northwestern epitomized the Hawkeyes’ performance in the past few years: underachieving all the way. This was supposed to be the year Iowa jumped out of “rebuilding” mode and started improving. It looks like Hawkeye fans might have to wait at least one more season.

Expect Spartan Javon Ringer to have another big day — Iowa has given up just 100 yards rushing per game, but it hasn’t seen anyone even remotely close to Ringer’s talent level. If nothing else, it’s fun to watch him bowl over defenses.

[two out of five footballs]