Based on the number of Michigan-Toledo tickets posted on Facebook Marketplace, is it safe to assume that many Wolverine fans believe there are better ways to spend this Saturday afternoon than at the Big House? If the Rockets’ first-ever trip to Ann Arbor doesn’t excite you, there’s plenty of other Big Ten action this weekend that might catch your attention.

The conference title race is starting to take shape, and three games on this Saturday’s slate could go a long way in determining which Big Ten team (or teams, if one sneaks into the championship game) will represent the Midwest in the BCS.

No. 23 Michigan State at Northwestern

Who would have thought that at this point in the season, a Big Ten team could be undefeated and still unranked? The Wildcats are getting no love from the voters — Ball State is ranked ahead of them, for crying out loud — but they just keep on winning. And if Northwestern can slip past a tough Spartan squad, only underachieving Purdue, Indiana and Minnesota stand between the Wildcats and a 9-0 record when Ohio State comes to Evanston on Nov. 8.

I’m finding it hard to believe that both the Wildcats and Spartans are legitimate contenders for the Big Ten championship, so I’m interested in seeing if one or both of them is revealed as a pretender this weekend.

(four of five footballs)

No. 6 Penn State at Wisconsin

Wisconsin’s Bret Bielema has finally been knocked back to reality. After losing just four conference games in two years and joining Fielding Yost and Jim Tressel as the only Big Ten coaches to ever post 21-plus wins in their first two seasons, Bielema is just starting to learn how tough the conference really is. Blowing a 19-point lead against Michigan — ouch. Blowing a late lead against Ohio State at home — double ouch.

And just like that, the Badgers went from conference- and possible national-title hopefuls to a team facing an 0-3 start in the Big Ten if they lose to Penn State. And let’s be honest, with the way the Nittany Lions are playing, they most likely will.

I feel like this one has all the makings of a blowout, especially considering Wisconsin has to shake two consecutive heartbreaking losses. But Michigan fans should be a little excited to get a look at Penn State’s “Spread HD” offense the week before it shreds the Wolverine secondary.

(two of five footballs)

Purdue at No. 12 Ohio State

Love him or hate him (and I’m sure most Michigan fans fall in the latter category), Terrelle Pryor is a lot of fun to watch. His progression and maturation has been astoundingly fast, especially in the passing game — not just getting the job done with his legs, but he’s already developed into a dangerous thrower, recording a 100-plus passer rating in five of his six games.

I’ve loved watching Pryor transform from a recruiting-season phenomenon into a legitimate college football player, and this week will provide another chance for him to add to his growing stardom. The Boilermakers rank dead last in the Big Ten for both passing and rushing defense, so watch for Pryor to put up his biggest numbers yet this season.

But even with a marquee player like Pryor to watch, this game will no doubt be a blowout.

(two of five footballs)