The University released decisions Friday for thousands of undergraduate early action applicants.

In October, the University reported an increase in freshman enrollment over the previous year, despite intentions to admit a smaller class. Last year’s application cycle drew the largest number of freshman applications to date, totaling 49,731 applicants.

During the September regents meeting, University Provost Martha Pollack outlined plans to curb over-enrollment. She said the University intended to place more students on a wait-list and award a smaller number of early acceptances.

“We have been over-enrolling every year for the past five years and we have to stop this,” Pollack said. “I’m not happy about it.”

The University typically releases data from the year’s application process in the spring.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.