As the Bowling Green fans stormed the court after Wednesday night”s 65-59 win over Michigan, a violent tempest was raging inside sophomore guard Bernard Robinson.

After missing a shot that could have tied the game in the final minute and posting a mere nine points in his team”s second consecutive road loss against a Mid-American Conference opponent, Robinson released his frustrations on an unlikely victim: The window to a fire extinguisher door.

As Michigan walked to the lockerroom, Robinson punched through the glass plate, causing two lacerations on the bottom of his right hand.

“I just got caught up in the emotion of the game,” a somber and bandaged Robinson said yesterday. “It was the just the first thing I saw.”

Robinson was given a few stitches and will wear a protective wrap on his right (non-shooting) hand. He should be physically able to play, if Michigan coach Tommy Amaker allows him to.

Amaker, who had not spoken to Robinson about the incident prior to yesterday”s practice, did not announce any disciplinary actions at yesterday”s press conference. He did, however, leave open the possibility of benching or suspending Robinson for tomorrow”s game against Boston College.

“We haven”t made that decision yet,” Amaker said. “We are just trying to find out his well-being at this point. We never give out our lineups or talk about those things because we don”t know until the night before the game.”

Amaker also apologized to the Bowling Green coaching staff and assured them that Robinson would personally take care of all the expenses that resulted from his action.

Neither Robinson nor Amaker could provide a good dollar estimate for the damage.