Michigan basketball officials said senior captain Lester Abram’s status for tonight’s game at Illinois is uncertain. Abram was arrested for driving with a suspended license early Monday morning.

Abram was also ticketed for speeding and for failing to provide insurance when an officer with the Ingham County Sheriff’s Department pulled him over on Interstate 96 between Williamsburg and Webberville.

The senior was at practice on Monday, but no decision has been released as to his status for tonight’s game against the unranked Illini.

“We have discussed the situation with Lester, and he is clearly disappointed.” Michigan coach Tommy Amaker said in a written statement. “He has taken full responsibility and will continue to follow the appropriate steps to rectify the situation. As always, I will use this as a teaching moment. From this point forward, we consider this to be an internal matter.”

Abram was issued a bench warrant for failing to appear in court in regards to a September incident when he was charged with speeding and driving while his license was suspended, the Detroit Free Press reported.

He will be arraigned in Ann Arbor District Court at 8:30 a.m. on March 5, the Free Press reported.

The third-year captain is averaging a career-low 9.3 points per game this season.

If he doesn’t make the trip for tonight’s game or doesn’t start, junior Ron Coleman is a likely candidate to replace him.

During last night’s Wisconsin-Michigan State game, ESPN announcer Brent Musberger said Abram will play tonight but didn’t attribute the information to a source.