Northern Illinois (Sept. 3), W 33-17: The Michigan offense came roaring out of the gates, scoring on its first two offensive series to grab a 14-3 lead. But the defense did not look as stout as many had hoped, and it gave up 411 yards to the Huskies.

Notre Dame (Sept. 10), L 17-10: Not an unfamiliar sight for Michigan – a September loss. The Irish used an effective opening drive to take a 7-0 lead. They never looked back and were able to hold off the Wolverines, despite Michigan’s late-game comeback.

Eastern Michigan (Sept. 17),W 55-0: You knew the game was over the minute Eastern Michigan’s team bus rolled into Ann Arbor. Not tripping out of the bus was the only thing the Eagles did right. Henne and Co. racked up 465 yards of total offense.

Wisconsin (Sept. 24), L 20-23: Last season the Wolverines couldn’t stop mobile quarterbacks, but in this game it was the immobile quarterback that sealed the deal. John Stocco’s four-yard scamper capped an 11-play, 54-yard game-winning drive. Chad Henne’s “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” impersonation was just a dagger to the heart.

Michigan State (Oct. 1),W 34-31: All everyone in East Lansing could talk about was role reversal: Michigan was unranked, and the Spartans were No. 11. Wouldn’t you know it, everyone was right – there was role reversal. Michigan State choked in a rivalry game at home, not Michigan. Maybe next year guys.

Minnesota (Oct. 8): When you manage just 113 yards on the ground AND have the nation’s leading rusher, it’s going to be a long day. The passing game didn’t fare much better either. Bryan Cupito managed just 174 yards through the air. One hundred yards seventy-four when you’re forced to air it out? Ouch.

Penn State (Oct. 15): Joe Pa is back, and he’s loving every minute of it. Penn State rolled to a 44-14 win over Minnesota and the “jack-of-all-trades, master of none” Michael Robinson threw for 175 yards and ran for another 112. Which begs the question – when he dedicates a game performance to his mother, does he say, “Here’s to you Mrs. Robinson?”

Iowa (Oct. 22): The Hawkeyes bounced back from a tough road loss to Ohio State with a 35-7 win against Illinois. Quarterback Drew Tate wasn’t spectacular, but he got the job done with his 179 yards passing and two touchdowns. The game was ho-hum, but Iowa was able to extend its home winning streak to 21. Perfect for its date with Michigan on Oct. 22.

Ohio State (Nov. 19): The Buckeyes’ defense has been downright nasty this season. They’ve given up more than 14 points just once, and that was to Texas. Ohio State looked dominating against Iowa last week. A road game against the Cinderella Nittany Lions could be the biggest statement game of the year. That is, until they head to Ann Arbor.