Northern Illinois (Sept. 3), W 33-17: The Michigan offense came roaring out of the gates, scoring on its first two offensive series in grabbing a 14-3 lead. But the defense did not look as stout as many had hoped, giving up 411 yards to the Huskies.

Notre Dame (Sept. 10), L 17-10: Not an unfamilar sight for Michigan – a September loss. The Irish used an effective opening drive to take a 7-0 lead. They never looked back and were able to hold off the Wolverines, despite Michigan’s late-game comeback.

Eastern Michigan (Sept. 17),W 55-0: You knew the game was over the minute Eastern Michigan’s team bus rolled into Ann Arbor. Not tripping out of the bus was the only thing the Eagles did right. Henne and Co. racked up 465 yards of total offense.

Wisconsin (Sept. 24), L 20-23: Last season the Wolverines couldn’t stop the mobile quarterback. In this game it was the immobile quarterback that sealed the deal. John Stocco’s four-yard scamper capped an 11 play, 54 yard game-winning drive. Chad Henne’s “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” impersonation was just a dagger to the heart.

Michigan State (Oct. 1),W 34-31: All everyone in East Lansing could talk about was the role reversal: Michigan was unranked, the Spartans were No. 11. Wouldn’t you know it, everyone was right, there was a role reversal. It was Michigan State that choked in a rivalry game at home, not Michigan. Maybe next year guys.

Minnesota (L, 23-20): A 61-yard run from Gary Russell during what appeared to be garbage time allowed the Gophers to run down the clock before kicking a field goal for the win. The victory sent the Little Brown Jug back to Minneapolis for the first time since before most of us were born.

Penn State (Oct. 15): The Nittany Lions became Ann Arbor’s favorite team after their 17-10 victory over Ohio State on Saturday night. But with Penn State at a perfect 6-0, that might change this weekend. Lucky for Michigan fans, it’s fall break, so many of them won’t be here to see it.

Iowa (Oct. 22): The Hawkeyes’ offense looked great last weekend, racking up a total of 535 yards against Purdue in a 34-17 romp. Quarterback Drew Tate threw for a career-high 357 yards and three touchdowns while Albert Young ran for 165. Captain Kirk seems to have the Enterprise righted after two early season losses.

Northwestern (Oct. 29): Northwestern displayed its potent offense in Evanston last week, beating Wisconsin 51-48. This is bad news for the Wolverines. The last time Michigan played a night game in Evanston the Wolverines scored 51 points … and lost.

Indiana (Nov. 12): Blake Powers threw four touchdowns on just 198 yards, and a 36-13 victory over Illinois improved the Hoosiers record to 4-0 against teams that won’t be playing in bowl games. But their 41-24 loss to Wisconsin earlier this season is a likely indicator of what will happen when they square off against Iowa this weekend.

Ohio State (Nov. 19): If you’re reading this still, you already know that Ohio State played Penn State last week and lost. But the thing about that game is that it showed what the Buckeyes have had problems doing all season – getting Ted Ginn Jr. the ball. He was touted as one of the nation’s biggest playmakers, but, so far this season, he hasn’t lived up to the hype.