For those of you who have been living under a rock for the past few years, The Hunger Games is kind of a big thing. And the much-awaited third installment of the trilogy comes out this Friday at midnight, meaning yes, you officially have weekend plans now.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1

A
Lionsgate

Mockingjay is where the revolution begins. It’s dark. It’s sinister. Katniss’s (Jennifer Lawrence, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”) grim voiceover is our first peek into what lies ahead. “I never wanted any of this,” she reveals. Katniss and Peeta’s (Josh Hutcherson, “Red Dawn”) underdog Hunger Games story may have won over the hearts of the Capitol and District rebels earlier, but now comes time to dismantle the broken government system, and that’s an unprecedented feat. It’s not going to be easy. Katniss faces both her own self-doubt about being the face of the revolution and external clashes with the authority. Be prepared for grand-scale scenes of violent uprising and fallout, as well as heartbreak when the tragic reality of rebellion takes its course.

With the “Hunger Games” name drawing in millions of fans already, you know this film will be good. But with their high expectations for a good book-to-screen adaption, the real question is: just how good?